A Wedding Memory!

Hi All,

Today I'm here with one of my new creations - an idea to preserve a wedding invitation card. Upcycle the invitation and present to the couple :)

So here is the invitation I received from one of my teammates for his wedding.


I just fell in love with the colors and the texture of this card, that I wanted to make something out of this :) What better idea can I get than make a card out of this and present to the newly weds? :)

So I made a box out of the red main card. Added a bow to add some interest :)




Using the yellow envelope and the inner card, I made 3 pages and bound them to a book. I used the small stamps from HOTP for the pages. The swirls are repeatedly stamped for the first page to provide a border.  I then stamped the Congrats sentiment and added the name of the bride and the groom, fussy cut from the invitation. I also added the swastik from the red card, after running it through a punch to get the rotating wheel shape.


For the second page. Love sentiment is repeatedly stamped using distress ink to provide a tone-on-tone background. I then stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink, and added the punched out image from the red card.


And for the third and last page, I used the heart stamp from the same stamp set, and added my wishes :)


The back of the last page holds the punch out from the card again.




Linking the card to,
1. TTCRD - Anything Goes
2. Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
3. Simply Paper Crafts - Challenge #29
4. Crafting from the heart - Challenge #131
5. Crafting with friends - Challenge #21
6. LPOCF - Challenge #34
7. Not Just Cards Challenges - May
8. Craft Your Passion Challenges
9. Crafty Girls Creations - Challenge #19
10. Creative Fingers Challenges - Challenge 109
11. 2 Creative Chicks - Showcase #10

I loved the way I was able to recycle the card to make a wedding gift!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you like my card! Do let me know your feedback.
Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. Lovely dear :) such a pretty & fun way to gift someone :) so thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea and so thoughtful. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and creative! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Project it´s so elegant! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, thank you for sharing with us at Simply Papercraft - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great designs - very elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I may have to scrap lift this one! Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge this week at Crafty Sentiments! Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project a wonderful way to give a gift, thank you for joining our challenge at LPOCF
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great work! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular