My First Shaker Card - Framed

Hello,

This card is special for 2 of my 'first's :)

  1. Featured Artist! I'm too honored to be considered for this wonderful initiative
  2. Shaker card - A special mention requires a special card, my first shaker card!

Thanks a lot Uma for this opportunity to be featured in your blog. It is really a great initiative and an awesome motivation for crafters like me :)

Please do check out the blog post here and leave some love :)

Onto the card,



I took black cs for my base, and scored the front side to add a little texture. Then I took another black panel, cut out a circle in the middle using rotary cutter. I attached a piece of acetate to the inner side, and now this gives my window for the shaker.




I then cut out small pieces of foam tape and stuck around the circle. Added foam tape to the corners of the panel as well, filled the window with some colorful sequins and attached the panel to the base cs. There goes my shaker!! 

To add some interest, I cut out a golden hollow circle and framed it around the acetate using foam tape. The sentiment is stamped on vellum using versamark, heat embossed using gold and black embossing powders. It is then fussy cut and attached to the base.


The card is ready :)

Linking the card to the below challenges,

Inspired by Manu Gupta's project - used the elements
  • Vellum
  • Heat embossing
  • Sequins
  • Stamps - for the sentiment "Surprise" and the tag border

Thanks for stopping by, hope you like my card! Do let me know your feedback.
Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. Very pretty card & congratulations for being featured !!
    Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us @ peek-a-boo Challenge !!
    DT**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karthikha and heartiest congratulations on being featured! ^__^ Thank you so much for playing along Challenge #6 over at Peek-a-Boo Designs!
    All the best! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular