Birthday Butterfly

Hello,

Today I have a quick card that I made for a friend's birthday.



I took a watercolor cardstock and stamped the butterfly from Mudra using Versamark ink. It is then embossed using gold embossing powder and heat gun. I then used the smooshing technique for the background. Took Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean distress inks on an acentate sheet, and sprayed a fine mist of water. Once the colors blended, I placed the cardstock face down on the acetate sheet. That gives a beautiful background. To add more interest, I sprayed a little of Lime Splash from Itsy Bitsy's Color Splash. The green added a great effect. Then I splattered a few drops of Hot Pink from Color Splash. Once I was satisfied with the bg, I mounted the panel onto my base white cs and added a sentiment from Mudra's Let's Party stampset using Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Linking the card to,
1. Mudra #5 - Heat embossing - Used butterfly stamp and sentiment from Let's Party
2. PCM - Jan - Anything Goes
3. Cards Galore Encore Challenge - Jan
4. TTCRD - Week of Jan 17
5. Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by, hope you like my card! Do let me know your feedback!
Have a nice day :)

Comments

  1. Very beautiful card... I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous in the gold - has inspired me to take my gold embossing powder out today and use it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karthikha, you make very beautiful Projects!! I love your Blogspot! I invited you in our Crafty Blogspot and Crafty Webshop: www.hobby-crafts24.eu / www.bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com Many Greetings from Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, love the gold embossing!
    Thank you so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card with lovely colours ! Thank you for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD. Looking forward for to seeing you again next challenge. Good luck!
    Regards,
    Sunila and Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation, love the water coloured background

    Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination, I hope we will see you again!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really striking. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes January 2017 Challenge. Good luck!
    DT Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The colours are wonderful, and I love butterflies :-) Thanks for playing with us over at Mudra Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card. The gold embossing makes the butterfly stand out so well. thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful background and beautiful butterfly, i like golden embossing!
    Thanks for playing with us over at Mudra Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card it is dear. Thanks for playing along. Good luck.
    Ria Banerjee
    Mudra CT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous background and the gold embossed butterfly looks so elegant on it. Thanks so much for joining the Mudra Craft Stamps Challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card, Love the background! Thank you so much for joining the fun at Mudra's blog. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular